I was in the mood for Italian. I had leftover whipped cream from a strawberry shortcake my daughter-in-law had brought over. So I decided to make some Alfredo sauce over chicken and pasta!
|Chicken Alfredo Pasta|
|Chicken Alfredo Pasta….sooooo yummy!|
• 4 Tablespoons butter (in fry pan)
• ½ tsp Lawry’s or Johnny’s Seasoning Salt
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or mince a medium garlic clove into the fried onion
• 1/4 cup finely minced onion fried in the butter with the garlic clove)
• 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 ½ cup whipping cream
• 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
• ½ tsp cracked black pepper
• a few shakes of chopped parsley (add it to the top of finished dish)
• 1 1/2 cups diced chicken breast (can use a rotisserie chicken diced up)
1 package ziti or fettuccine pasta boiled and drained
Dice up the onion and clove of garlic and fry up with the butter. While those are cooking mix all the other incredients in a saucepan over low heat.
Add the onion and garlic with the butter when onions are caramelized. Sauce should be thickened with the flour. Season a bit more to taste.
|Mix up the cream, butter, onions, and cheese and then season while on low….|
|Add the alfredo sauce to the al dente pasta noodles….|
|The alfredo pasta tastes as decadent and delicious as it looks….not low in calories though|
Boil noodles of your choice and drain. Add chicken diced up to the noodles. Top with sauce. Add the chopped parsley over the top at the end.
|I served my chicken alfredo pasta with baby carrots and garlic bread…and a side salad….|
|It’s one of my hub’s favorite meals…..|
Add broccoli florets or spinach and some sliced baby carrots and pine nuts to the mix and it makes one of my favorite Italian dishes from Tucci’s Italian! Or just add the chicken and it is simply divine.